Accounting and Tax Analyst at The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, is an American multinational beverage corporation, and manufacturer, retailer, and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups.
Accounting and Tax Analyst
The Accounting & Tax Analyst role is a permanent role the purpose with the purpose to assist the Legal Entity Controller in extracting, analyzing, collating or otherwise preparing responses to ongoing Revenue Authority audits as well as routine requests for information from the Revenue Authorities. Additionally, the incumbent will also be exposed to baseline tasks, routines, and processes that ensure continuous tax compliance and tax risk mitigation. The role also includes responsibilities around assisting with the annual statutory audit and financial statement preparation.
What You will Do:
- Extract information from SAP, archives and liaise with Africa Operating Unit departments and Financial Services teams to obtain supporting information required for tax audits and Revenue Authorities’ requests for information.
- Analyze, compile and present supporting information required by routine Revenue Authority information requests and audits in collaboration with Corporate Tax and EY
- Preparation of monthly VAT, WHT and Withholding VAT (as applicable) Computations, Returns and payment requests and prepare related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger
- Preparation of Quarterly tax computations for income tax and deferred tax and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger
- Prepare provisional tax computation and return for review by Local Entity Controller.
- Prepare annual tax calculation, return and accompanying tax schedules for review by Local Entity Controller
- Maintain listing schedule of all provisional tax /additional assessment payments made to Revenue Authorities with supporting documentation.
- Support monthly reconciliation of tax related GL accounts and follow up of reconciling items.
- Ensure correct categorization of payments made to Revenue Authorities for all taxes by reviewing Revenue Authorities’ statements of accounts and following up with Revenue Authorities on errors identified
- Quarterly update of the Deferred Tax listing of permanent and temporary difference for all balance sheet accounts
- Follow up with Revenue Authorities on tax clearance certificates by completing and submitting the relevant on-line forms
- Prepare SPP 13.1 tax forms and supporting documentation to Corporate Tax within 3 weeks of filling the annual tax return
- Work with Local Entity Controller and Legal to close / liquidate any dormant legal entities in the jurisdiction
- Research on and respond to ad hoc tax queries and related assignments as may be allocated by the Local Entity Controller
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reviews as part of the USGAAP closing process. This also includes actioning queries identified during balance sheet reviews.
- Reconciling of GL accounts monthly – e.g.: Prepayments, Leases.
- Reconciling of Vendor accounts specific to Controllership– e.g.: Kaplan & Stratton and EY.
- Creation of Purchase Requisitions for Controllership and follow up on queries and ensuring GRV’s are done on time.
- Compiling and submitting ALL government requested statistical forms.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- University degree preferably in Finance, Accounting, Tax or related.
- Professional qualifications e,g. CPA is an added advantage
- Cross cultural exposure is required and an ability to interact across functions and hierarchies.
- Ability to communicate with confidence and influence diverse stakeholders is crucial.
- Tax Compliance requirements
- Advanced SAP and Excel analytical skills
- Collaboration skills
- Accounting skills
- Microsoft Office; Accounts Payable Process; General Ledger (GL); Financial Statements; Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Tax Legislation; Global SAP; ERP Solutions; Cost Accounting; Financial Accounting