Career Opportunities at Old Mutual Kenya
Career Opportunities at Old Mutual Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Regional Manager – Mount Kenya, Eastern and Nyanza Regions (Faulu MFB)
Job Description Summary
The purpose is to interpret Business Growth strategy into implementable short term action plans, communicate it to the branch network in your Area and ensure translation into deliverable productivity as measured by the Balance Scorecard, includes delivery of PBT targets, loans and deposits growth, PAR management, C/I ratio management, customer acquisition for the Area.
- Responsible for driving the overall productivity and performance of the branch network within the allocated Area.
- Establish and manage key customer experience processes, including but not limited to customer contact, complaint management, referral management and customer retention within the allocated Area.
- Creating a customer centric culture within the Branches to deliver an awesome experience to the customers.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements ensuring the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience by playing an active role in recruitment and exit of direct reports.
- Operational – Management of branch budgets and approvals, review of incident reports.
- Manage branch requests and transactions in compliance to FBL operational guidelines and procedures with zero tolerance to operational risk and frauds.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and decisions to help empower people and teams.
- Manage and co-ordinate transaction income business within the Branches in the allocated Area.
- Provide a data base of target markets within the regions guided by the market demographics/sectors.
- Responsible for identifying and reporting potential and actual Money Laundering Risk, including suspicious transactions in accordance with the laid down AML/CFT policies & procedures.
- Role Models the Brand and Corporate Values of the Bank in the internal and external market environment.
- Develops, Coaches, motivates and manages the performance of individuals and teams within the Branches in the allocated Area.
- Any other official duty that may be allocated by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce/Business related field.
- Master’s Degree/MBA or Professional qualification in Banking or related field is a plus.
- Have a minimum of 10 years working in the Banking Industry; 4 of which must be in a senior management position.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Goal focused and able to spot business opportunities.
- Builds networks and maintains strong relationships.
- Team management, supervision or leadership within a customer facing environment, including performance management, people development, coaching or mentoring experience.
- Has passion and drive to achieve results under difficult circumstances.
- Upholds high standard of Professionalism, integrity and respect for others.
- Able to identify, motivate and develop talent within the Bank.
- Capacity to influence decisions at senior management levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A proven track record in managing banking Operations, Sales and Service in Retail Banking.
- Proficiency in leading and managing Sales and revenue growth in a retail business.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of bank Credit risk management policies, procedures and best practices in lending.
- Business, Business Growth, Coaching, Customer Experience (CX), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Retentions, Leadership, People Management, Quality Management, Risk Management, Team Management
Business Growth and Development Manager – (Faulu MFB)
Working closely with the Regional Business Growth & Development Manager and Senior Management, manages the branch and offers leadership to staff in formulation and implementation of business growth and development strategies at branch level.
The job holder is expected to aggressively drive the branch growth and profitability targets by identifying, developing and maintaining profitable relationships with customer
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Achievement of business targets
- Branch performance in Operations, Compliance, Risk management, Customer Service and other related surveys
- Growth, retention and development of motivated and high performing teams
- Brand visibility
- Lead business growth and development of the branch, agencies and other alternative service outlets attached to the branch.
- Manage and lead the branch team in achieving/ surpassing the set business targets.
- Provide superior level of customer relationship management and promote the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation;
- Drive sales of all products and services at branch level through offering leadership and motivation to the sales team, sales drives , liaison with key relationships among others ;
- Manage and offer leadership to the branch team.
- Development of a high performing team at branch level through training , mentorship, and special assignments
- Monitor and ensure 100% compliance to all the company policies, processes, procedures and other controls
- Lead in optimal utilization of people, financial and technical resources within the branch
- Chair the Branch Credit Committee and ensure compliance to Credit policy & procedures
- Budget planning and cost management ; Continuous evaluation of branch financial performance against budgets and taking remedial actions where necessary
- Promotion of Faulu’s brand visibility and image: Being the Key liaison point with the community, participate in community affairs to increase the company’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities
- Initiate, nurture and ensure profitable business relationship and Partnerships with the customers, community and government structures
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transactions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable within my area of responsibility
- Any other role allocated by the superviso
Staff Reporting Directly to the Job Holder
- Relationship Managers
- Assistant Manager Service Delivery
- Senior Relationship Officer
- Team Leader Sales
- Relationship Officer-SME/Group/Micro
Others Reporting Indirectly
- All staff in the branch
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
Knowledge and Skills
- Business Strategy Implementation skills
- Good presentation skills
- People management skills
- Sales / Marketing skills
- Financial analytical skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- At least 3 years managerial experience with proven track record for delivery of superior results
- Experience in lending /credit
- Strong background in SME and MSME business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven sales and business growth capability.
- Aggressive and self driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated Leadership Capability
- Proven decision making and problem solving capability
- Team leader/player
- Ability to offer mentorship support preferred.
- Business Growth, Business Strategies, Coaching, Communication, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Customer Relationships, Financial Performance, Leadership, Management Reporting, People Management, Profitability, Quality Management, Relationship Management
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.