Contracts and Compliance Senior Manager Jobs at Mercy Corps,
Contracts and Compliance Senior Manager Jobs at Mercy Corps
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
Contracts and Compliance Senior Manager
General Position Summary
The Contracts and Compliance Senior Manager will provide overall leadership and oversight for the finance, procurement, travel/logistics, and human resources team under the RLP programme. S/he will empower the operations and finance team while providing quality control to ensure robust, flexible, and adaptive operations to support programme activities. The Contracts and Compliance Senior Manager must be fluent in compliance matters and help the senior management team ensure the contract is implemented in accordance with contractual requirements, Mercy Corps policies, donor regulations, and local laws, across 3 countries. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that staff are familiar with policies and procedures related to finance, procurement, human resources, and take the lead in overseeing the management of the facilities and property related to the RLP programme. S/he will work closely with the respective country program leads who oversee technical programs while reporting to the Program Director.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain and oversee the workflow processes for operations and finance.
- Review key programme protocols, processes and guidance, in conjunction with operations, finance, grant, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) teams, recommending design improvements and efficiencies where needed.
- Ensure activity budgets are developed, led by the Finance Manager in cooperation technical teams, maintaining a master collation of activity budgets that details activity priorities, resource and security needs.
- Oversee responses to internal and external financial/compliance audits.
- Supervise the day-to-day performance of direct reports, ensuring that they understand their roles, coaching them to succeed and providing them with feedback and technical and administrative support that they require in meeting their performance objectives.
FINANCIAL AND GRANTS MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for the financial management of the RLP program, including quality controls, cost reporting, forecasting and tracking in collaboration with the Finance and Compliance Manager and the Finance Manager.
- Provide recommendations on the overall financial management and performance of the programme and work in close collaboration with Mercy Corps Europe (MCE) team to monitor costs.
- Regularly participate in calls with the MCE and support the maintenance and updating of the forecasts.
- Mitigate project risks and protect the program against fraudulent practices through adherence to the program’s schedule of authorities.
- Ensure strict implementation of a sound internal control system and take appropriate actions against any violation of the system.
- Review Mercy Corps financial reports including Co-fi prior to submission to progam donors for accuracy.
- Approve payment requests, and review and approve financial vouchers.
- Release bank payments as well as provide quality control and risk management for finance functions.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews with respective country managers.
- Draft all Requests for Grant Approval to as required by the contract.
- Provide management oversight and quality control for the administrative operations of the programme, including procurement, inventory management, and reporting as per the donor and Mercy Corps standards.
- Oversee programme procurement and review disposition plans in line with annual workplan.
- Review/draft all requests to programme donors for procurement approvals.
- Provide input and support to technical teams on travel, logistics, and quality delivery of country-level initiatives and activities, including trainings, forums, and other high-visibility events.
CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS AND REPORTING
- Respond to urgent client requests, including budget scenarios, scope of work development, and other tasks as needed.
- Work with the Finance and Compliance Director and MCE to draft/review donor contract deliverables – including Financial Report, Inventory and Asset Report.
- Review and/or prepare regular and ad hoc requests for reports to programme donors, including inventory disposition, local taxes, activity budgets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports Directly To
- RLP Program Director with dotted line to Finance Director
- Works Directly With
- Respective country team leads, Finance and Compliance Managers/Directors and Program Team members.
- To Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Minimum Qualifications & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Business Administration, Economics or other relevant field. A Masters degree is preferred.
- CPA(K) qualification is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience implementing donor-funded development projects, to include Project Administration, Operations and Procurement.
- Minimum of ten years of supervisory experience and proven ability to manage teams of professionals to produce key results.
- Detailed knowledge of donor rules and regulations, preferably with experience implementing a Swiss government-funded contract.
- Demonstrated record of results-driven project management and an ability to creatively solve complex organisational issues and foster ownership within teams.
- Strong writing skills and experience in developing budgets, reports and workplans.