Control Room Operator Jobs at WTS Energy,
Control Room Operator Jobs at WTS Energy
Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine, Jobs at WTS Energy
WTS Energy, headquartered in the Netherlands and established in 2000, is one of the leading Outsourcing & Workforce Management Companies to the Global Energy industry. WTS Supplies Manpower, Recruitment, Outsourcing Services in Africa, the Middle East, Europe and the Americas. WTS Energy works on all Energy projects, Oil & Gas and Renewables.
Control Room Operator
- The Control Room Operator will operate the plant and maintain system parameters to ensure product quality is maintained and ensure zero undetectable deviation.
- Monitor the electrical transmission and distribution system, as well as the entire Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for proper oil extraction operation, under minimal supervision.
- Follow standard operating procedures for safe start up and shutdown of the oil extraction plant.
- Ensure pre-start up, start up, operational, and shut down checklists are completed before plant operations commence.
- Utilize SCADA data to coordinate field fault diagnostics and manual operations.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the working area.
- Answer emergency trouble calls and other types of after-hours phone-calls and determine appropriate actions.
- Recall on-call maintenance teams to facilitate repairs on emergency trouble calls occurring outside of normal working hours, weekends, or holidays.
- Maintain various operational records and logs and produce operational reports.
- Oversee the flow of information and reports, coordinate actions when necessary, and ensure response plans are followed during emergencies and natural disasters.
- Interface closely with the operations In-charge and maintenance to ensure key operational matters are performed, communicated and documented.
- Monitor and oversee the primary electrical system using SCADA, receive system alarms to locate trouble areas.
- Maintain a log of operations to reflect any/all system concerns and operational actions taken.
- Identify SCADA operational malfunctions, request corrective actions, and report uncorrected malfunctions.
- Follow standard procedures and switching orders in accordance with standard operating and safe switching practices.
- Ensure smooth transition of position during shift operations.
- Using drawings, trace and determine facilities affected by outages, and then notify the shift in-charge.
- Comply with all HSE safety regulations and adhere to proper codes and standards with a thorough understanding of safety procedures related to Electrical Systems.
- Handle any other duties assigned by management from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering
- A Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
- Fluent knowledge of English.
- 2 years operator experience in vegetable oil extraction plant.
- Firefighting & HSE basic courses preferred.
- Experience with troubleshooting of plant upsets and taking corrective action.
- Experience with reading and logging SCADA information.
- Experience with shift report writing.
- Commissioning and Start-Up.
- Decommissioning and Land Transportation Management.
- HSEQ General (Generic).
- Organization Processes: Internal Standard, Site Management.
- Supports and technologies: Standard ISO, TQM and Quality system, technical requirement and Standard.
- Compliance: Local/National and International Standard and Codes, Health, Safety, Environment, Quality.
- Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and PFDs.