County Director of Livestock Production at The County Government of West Pokot.
County Director of Livestock Production at The County Government of West Pokot
To be a leading County in effective and efficient resource management, coordinated sustainable development and service delivery.
To facilitate equitable development and improved public service delivery to stimulate sustainable socio-economic development, high quality of life and became the best County in Kenya
County Director of Livestock Production
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Resourcing in technical workshops, seminars and agricultural shows.
- Preparing technical papers and reports for professional forums.
- Providing technical advice and information in animal production, livestock marketing, range management, apiculture and ranching.
- Promoting economic livestock farming.
- Coordinating extension activities which include field days, field demonstrations, farmer field schools and farm visits.
- Researching, inventing and adverting on livestock production technologies and techniques.
- Initiating livestock production programmes/projects.
- Overseeing effective and efficient management of sheep and goat stations, livestock farms, mobile pastoral training units, pastoral training centres or livestock improvement and multiplication farms.
- Organizing the preparation of agribusiness, ranch and farm plans.
- Monitoring and evaluation of livestock programmes.
- Collaborating with research institutions and other stakeholders on livestock production matters.
- Planning for conservation and utilization of range resources.
- Coordinating extension activities.
- Developing livestock information management systems.
Requirements for Appointment.
- Served in the grade of Senior Assistant director of livestock production for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines;-animal science, animal production , agriculture, apiculture, food science and technology, agribusiness, range management,
- natural resource management, livestock/agricultural economics, dairy technology or agricultural education and extension from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines;-animal science, animal production, agriculture, apiculture, agribusiness, food science and technology agriculture and home economics, range management, natural resource management, livestock/agricultural economics, dairy technology, agricultural extension, animal breeding and genetics or animal nutrition from a recognized institution.
- Have a certificate in strategic leadership development programme lasting not less than six
- (6) Weeks from a recognized institution.
- Have a certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
- Shown outstanding administrative capability and professional competence required in managing livestock production services.
Method of Application
You can access the advertisement details on our website www.westpokot.go.ke and submit online applications through our email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be submitted on or before Wednesday 28th February 2024 at 5.00 pm to the;
West Pokot County Public Service Board
P.O Box 577 – 30600
The County Government of West Pokot is an equal-opportunity employer. Youth, Women, persons living with Disabilities, Marginalized and Minority Communities are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted