Execution Trader at KCB Bank Kenya,
Execution Trader at KCB Bank Kenya
Jobs at KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
- Executing trades accurately and timely on listed securities, for retail, high net worth and institutional clients while ensuring compliance to NSE trading regulations.
- Develop and nourish relations with peers from the industry (Brokers, Custodians, CBK, NSE) to boast execution quality and seamless settlement.
- Source bond liquidity for inhouse and custodial retail orders to identify and execute at the best price given current market conditions.
- Provide market information flow and advice to sales team and clients on the purchase and sale of various securities.
- Ensuring all orders presented for execution have accurate supporting documentation and provide clients with summarized report of all their transactions.
- Analyze market conditions to determine the right time to execute transactions, keep abreast of company announcements and anticipate effects on pricing of affected stocks and advise the brokerage team and the client.
- Process post-executed fixed income trades, recon and handle the operation/administrative duties associated with the trades.
- Adhere and comply with internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory authorities as well as internal control functions (audit, risk and compliance)
- Revising all transaction after every session to ensure that all the transactions were executed with the exact amount and prices.
Solving and escalating errors immediately
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A Bachelors’ Degree from a recognized institution.
- A Masters’ Degree, professional qualification, CPA/ACCA, CISI or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ work experience in a busy Equity/ Bond trading desk.
- Must have NSE ATS Certification and have experience with Bloomberg or Reuters terminals or other trading platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate in person, via telephone, and/or by email with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Dynamic and self-starting individual, able to work as part of a team or independently, with strong organizational skills.
- Interest in financial markets, competent and reliable staff that is honest and trustworthy.
- Knowledge of local market structure and regulatory landscape.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 31st May 2023.