Graduate Programme at Old Mutual Kenya; How to Apply
OMiX – Graduate Programme at Old Mutual Kenya; How to Apply
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services, Jobs at Old Mutual Kenya
OMiX – Graduate Programme
About OMiX – Graduate Programme
- The Old Mutual (OMiX)Graduate Programme is aimed at graduates and postgraduate students seeking invaluable work experience.
What’s in it for you?
- We will partner with you to craft a great career with Old Mutual that is in line with your career aspirations
- Your voice is important to us and we will provide engagement platforms and tools to encourage meaningful dialogue
- You’ll be exposed to a great culture based on diversity and inclusion that forms a strong foundation of our values
- You’ll receive continuous coaching and development opportunities
- You’ll gain access to industry experts as mentors and coaches
- You’ll gain access to excellent learning and development opportunities
- You’ll have an opportunity to make a difference in the communities in which we operate
- You’ll benefit from a robust and structured programme
Where are the Old Mutual (OMiX) graduate positions based?
South Africa positions are based in
- Cape Town
Rest of Africa countries, positions are based in
Who can apply?
- Only South African citizens will be considered for roles based in Cpt, Jhb and Dbn South Africa
- Roles based in Rest of Africa will require relevant citizenship
Our graduates are appointed into various roles across Old Mutual’s businesses.
Are you currently doing a post graduate degree or in your final year of study in one of the disciplines below? If yes, then we are looking for you!
- BCom Information system
- BSc IT systems
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Computer/Software Engineering
- BCom in Business/Finance qualification with Technology modules
- Diploma in IT (3 years)
- Advanced Diploma in IT
- BSc Data Science
- BCom Digital Marketing
- We are inviting you to apply if you are interested in joining the Old Mutual family.
- Are you a citizen/eligible to work in the country of application.
- Are you able to work/relocate to any part of the country you are based in?
- Have you achieved a minimum of 65% average across your studies?
- Familiarity with industry tools and technologies: This can include cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.), databases (SQL, NoSQL) and general web development principles.
- Apply – Submit documents – CV, Transcripts, Grade 12 certificate
- You will go through automated screening questions
- Should you meet our requirements you will be requested to complete screening assessments
- Once you have done your screening assessments, we will then review your profile against our requirements
- You will/may be required to take part in an Assessment Centre, and move forward to interviews if successful
- Advanced Diploma (AdvDip): Information Technology, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Computer and Information Science, Bachelor of Commerce (BCom): Mathematical Statistics, Bachelor of Science (BS): Information Technology, Diploma (Dip): Information Technology
- The Unit Manger will oversee a unit where he/she will majorly be responsible for attracting, recruiting, and retaining sales agents so as to deliver the set insurance sales revenue targets. The role is on contractual basis and reports to the regional Branch/Sales Manager.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery of business plan targets including Revenue, Persistency and Business Mix
- Recruitment and retention of Agents
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of agents in their respective units
- Setting out relevant plans and daily activity work schedule for the unit
- Ensure agents have the necessary support systems to assist them deliver their budgets
- Implementing training programs to support skill development and competence.
- Opening new markets
- Advise the business on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
- Enforcement of performance management processes as specified by the business
- To uphold the brand image and ensure compliance with all internal as well as external regulations
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Emphatic Listener
- Able to Plan and organize meetings and activities for the Unit
- Able to build and bond together a team
- Must have leadership ability and Sales and Marketing skills
- Market intelligence and business development skills
- Able to handle and resolve Conflicts
- Time Management Skills
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A successful track record of selling in the financial services sector, teaching or any other relevant profession
- Demonstrable insurance sales experience as a tied agent
- Knowledge of legislation governing insurance in Kenya
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages
- A Degree/diploma in a business-related course
- Must have at least 3 years’ sales experience in the insurance or financial services sector
- 2 years’ experience as a Unit/Agency Manager in insurance or financial sector will be an added advantage
- Must have a COP Certificate
- Must have current IRA license.
12 July 2023