Head, Retail Credit at KCB Bank Kenya,
Head, Retail Credit
The role holder will proactively avail prudent and timely decisions on Consumer Lending while managing the Bank’s Credit Risk so as to achieve quality growth in the Asset Book in line with the Bank’s Strategic Plans and in accordance with the Bank’s Lending Policies, Central Bank’s Guidelines and Best Practice.
- Assess and approve Credit Facilities within the allocated Lending Discretionary Limit
- Make recommendations /present credit papers to the Director Credit for any Credit Facility amounts falling above delegated discretion.
- Manage Lending Discretions of the Unit’s Credit Team so as to ensure the highest standards of credit quality within the bank through coaching, spot checks, sampling, sanctioning and the application of best practice on Customers’ Credit applications and standards throughout the credit granting process across the branch network.
- Assess and grant authority for roll-out of check-off schemes within approved discretion and make recommendations to the Director Credit, for those of values exceeding the delegated limit.
- Ensure a collaborative approach to the Business/Credit functions’ partnership.
- Enforce efficient turnaround times (TAT) on Consumer loans in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Review Retail Consumer Loans policies on a continuous basis in line with sound risk management practices and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a good loan book through development of the Unit’s strategies that mitigate against credit risks, review exposures under the various schemes and products and keep migration of Consumer lending (Personal lending, Residential Mortgages, Car loans to customers, Staff loans etc.) to NPLs within defined targets.
- Develop and manage the Unit’s capabilities, Staff performance competencies, process controls and excellent service delivery system, to be measured through internal audit rating and both internal and external satisfaction survey indices.
- Manage the Unit’s annual Capex and Opex budget.
- Provide Leadership to the Unit’s Credit Team.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in banking or a business-related field.
- A professional certification in ACIB / AKIB.
- At Least 10yrs Experience in Credit Administration.
- At least 8 years’ experience in General Banking and Managing Teams.
- At Least 6 years’ experience in Credit Analysis and Lending
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 31st May 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.