IPMR Individual Contractor Jobs at UNEP,
IPMR Individual Contractor Jobs at UNEP
Jobs at United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
The United Nations Environment Programme (UN Environment) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the world’s environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the environment.
IPMR Individual Contractor
Duties and Responsibilities
The contractor will be engaged to provide:
Instant feedback to UEP’s staff members through ongoing support to the technical helpdesk:
- Collect, analyze and summarize information and facilitate discussion with UNEP IPMR focal points on technical questions and answers related to IPMR and respond to divisional, regional, MEA’s and GEF/GCF’s concerns.
- Ensure that crucial Q&A are integrated in tailored training sessions and into the preparation of presentation and/or training material, talking points, briefing notes and revisions of manuals.
- Support the weekly coordination meetings of IPMR Focal Points and Change Champions.
Support the data quality assurance process:
- Collect, analyze and summarize information that is required to ensure data quality assurance. (i) Support the identification of information and data needs, (ii) Support the data control process to ensure qualitative progress reporting (iii) Prepare presentation material and training material on data quality assurance.
Support the change management process:
- Facilitate discussion with and build capacity of the UNEP IPMR focal points on how to report in IPMR for the different project types:
- Prepare presentation material, and lead/support discussion and training sessions to train the IPMR focal points and build their capacity as trainer for the IPMR change champion and end user.
- Support regular corporate communication and awareness-raising on IPMR through UNEP’s intranet and other internal platforms
The Individual Contractor will report to the Programme Officer, Strategic Planning Unit, Policy and Programme Division.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Supplemental training in business administration, information technology, project management, finance/accounts, communication or related area, is desirable.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in data and project management is required.
- Experience in the use of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required.