Job Opportunities at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,
Job Opportunities at Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a worldwide faith of over 16 million members centered on the belief that everyone on earth is a son or daughter of a loving God1 and that His Son, Jesus Christ, saved the world from sin and death. Jesus Christ invites all of God’s children to come unto, follow, and become more like Him.
Family History Manager 2
- The purpose of this job is to help Church members fulfill their divinely appointed responsibility to discover their families through family history methods, submit their names to the temple for saving ordinances, and to help bring souls unto Christ.
- This position negotiates mutually beneficial relationships and promotes integrated solutions resulting in perpetual access to the world’s records and vibrant global communities that promote the free flow of information for linking and preserving family relationships. This position is responsible for connecting external opportunities with the potential capacities of the department and its affiliates and sponsors across all countries in the region. The manager finds, develops, and coordinates relationships with records custodians, community organizations, and potential affiliates
- and sponsors in the public and private, non-profit and commercial sectors. This requires extensive interaction at the highest levels in these national and international organizations. The manager acts as a consultant to records custodians in order to identify the most beneficial solution for their needs.
- 50% Trains, manages, develops and leads the area field relations organization and activities to achieve the desired results
- 20% Leverages rational negotiation techniques to connect external opportunities with department, affiliates, and sponsor capacities.
- 15% Initiates coordinates and participates in cooperative, volunteer information communities.
- 10% Ensures ongoing acquisition of approved family history records.
- 5% Coordinates activities with area presidencies
- Requires a Bachelors Degree in business management, history, sociology, anthropology, or a related field and a 6 – 8 years track record in project administration or business management or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Must have experience in developing business plans and requirements that shape the development and delivery of services to customers. Must be able to lead the organization, leveraging people, technical and strategic skills and achieve consistent, sustainable results.
- Must be able to lead others through complex customer research and analysis of diverse cultures.
- Must have experience managing services; managing relationships with vendors and other business partners.
- Must be able to deal with cross-divisional, cross-departmental, cross-functional, and cross-cultural differences, and lead cross-functional and interdepartmental project teams.
- Must be able to define and document work processes.
- Must possess excellent business writing and communication skills. and must be able to prepare succinct, relevant presentations and be adept at presenting to all levels of leadership.
- Must be able to leverage analytics to effectively present current business trends.
- A masters Degree will be an added advantage.
Admin Assistant 2
- This role Performs administrative duties for a work group, department and Coordinator S&I. Prepares documents, reports, charts, and graphs. Maintains and updates calendars. Schedules and/or coordinates meetings. Makes travel arrangements. Creates and/or maintains filing systems. Reviews and distributes mail. Collects data and compiles information. Answers telephone and responds to routine calls/inquiries. Prepares correspondence.
- Prepares documents, reports, charts, and graphs. Collects data and compiles information. Responds to changing priorities while supporting staff. Receives direct and detailed instruction on tasks to be performed.
- Maintains and updates calendars. Schedules and/or coordinates meetings. Makes travel arrangements. Reviews and distributes mail. Answers telephone and responds to routine calls/inquiries.
- Creates and/or maintains filing systems. May perform data entry activities
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration Preferred or,
- Two year diploma in Business Administration or any relevant field with four years of Secretarial or Administrative Assistant experience.
- Intermediate Computer skills and experience including Windows, Microsoft Applications, and aptitude to learn other software applications.
- Basic Business Accounting skills, including understanding of Invoices, purchase orders and contracts.
- Pleasant disposition with good customer service and excellent interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.