Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee, Kenya
NGO jobs, Administrative Jobs, Latest Jobs, Career Job Openings, Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee, Kenya
Job Vacancies at International Rescue Committee, Kenya
Across two refugee camps, Dadaab and Kakuma, and four counties (Garissa, Turkana, West Pokot and Nairobi), the IRC implements programs in the sectors of health, Nutrition, governance & rights, and women’s protection & empowerment, Economic Recovery and Development, as well as providing emergency response through a network of four field offices and a range of institutional and community-based partnerships.
The Compliance Section of IRC is responsible for supporting and promoting an ethical and compliant work environment within the Kenya Country Program, through proactive prevention initiatives to raise awareness and promote behaviors consistent with IRC’s Code of Conduct; and to provide timely review of alleged wrongdoing inconsistent with IRC values and policies under the supervision of the ECU Investigation team. The compliance section also promotes a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance in the behavior of staff, incentive workers and volunteers and coordinates consistent and effective follow up as needed when there are allegations of misconduct. It also provides guidance, facilitates, and supports compliance of the International Rescue Committee (IRC) Kenya country program and the implementing partners to local laws, IRC policies and procedures and donor guidelines, regulations, and contractual commitments.
The Country Program is seeking to recruit a Roving Compliance Officer under a regular contract, to be based in Kakuma under the direct supervision of the Compliance Coordinator and will further support the Hagadera, Lodwar and Nairobi offices.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Officer will provide support to the Compliance Section in the conduct of investigations into allegations and support prevention initiatives.
In carrying out this overall function, the officer will:
- Assist in reviewing cases reported.
- Assist in drafting documents and communications with respect to cases under investigation, including investigation plans, witness statements and other documents.
- Assist in conducting interviews with subjects, complainants, or witnesses.
- Assist in identifying, collating, and analyzing potential evidence.
- Assist in undertaking compliance/system reviews and preparing reports.
- Assist in following up with relevant departments in ensuring timely response to compliance audit requirements and recommendations.
- Assist in monitoring mitigation measures to be implemented by the Country Program.
- Assist in the implementation of prevention strategies to promote a culture of ethical and compliant behaviors across all field bases, offices and areas of operation.
- Assist in partnership management – reviewing the selection process of the partners, the reviews and evaluation of processes from a compliance perspective. Review the partners’ agreements or contracts, ensuring compliance to IRC policies and procedures.
- Assist in promoting a culture of reporting on ethics and compliance concerns and client responsiveness.
Undertakes other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social science e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminology, sociology, law, finance, or a comparable field
- Experience in conducting research and investigations,
- Proven ability to analyze data to report critical information.
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and swiftly.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing, in English and Kiswahili a plus.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on own initiative.
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Evidence of successful experience in compiling and conducting training workshops.
- High level of integrity, professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
- Strong commitment to IRC’s mission, purpose and values.
The Admin Assistant is responsible for specific aspects of administration and Supply chain department support at IRC’s Main office in Nairobi. This covers office administration and Supply chain support department.
- Utilities Management & Supply Chain Support.
- Upholding all IRC policies, working towards its mission and Vision.
- Ensuring the Reception is always manned.
- Ensure the Office is clean and always organized.
- Ensure timely payment of utilities: Water & Electricity for Office, guest house, apartments, and Warehouse.
- Telephone- Safaricom postpaid lines, prepaid lines. Payment of courier services for the dedicated courier. -as well as ensuring they are paid on time.
- Maintain tracking system for utilities and update on monthly basis.
- Purchase of office drinking water and ensuring timely payment.
- Issuing of gate pass to any equipment’s or items getting out of IRC office.
- Raising of operation Online PRs in the admin department. -We moved to Integra and with limited access to everyone I help in raising all PRs for All departments
- Support of SMT with their requests, travel request, payment of school fees for their dependents.
- In charge of office consumable’s supplies and office stationery supplies in the office -With proper tracking to ensure timely procurement.
- Support of IHUB office at the reception, coordinating courier services, receiving, and logging in IHUB invoices, receiving, and transferring their calls, receiving their visitors
- Supervising and booking boardroom for staff meetings in coordinated way for both Kenya and IHUB-and ensuring they have tea coffee and snacks upon request.
- Supervising of tender bid register as they come.
- Ensuring the First Aid Box is Fully equipped as per the OSHA guidelines.
- Help other departments organize meetings and ensure they have all is needed.
- Link between some suppliers and other departments.
- In coordination with HR, I help staff during onboarding and exit process.
Key Result Areas:
- Provision of effective and efficient administrative support services to supply chain department.
- Day-to-day efficient operations of the administrative and supply chain department services in the office.
- Diploma in Business Administration and Management, or another related field.
- At least 4 years experience in administration and management in a busy office, preferable with Nongovernmental organization.
- Customer care skills and how to apply them.
- Excellent computer skills: Word, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations.
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of personal initiative, pro-active problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of listening skills.