Job Vacancies at KCB Bank Kenya
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career in cybersecurity? Do you want to work for one of the largest and most respected banks in Africa? If yes, then you might be the perfect candidate for the Security and threat Monitoring Specialist position at KCB Bank Kenya.
KCB Bank Kenya is part of the Kenya Commercial Bank Limited, a non-operating holding company that oversees KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation, and all associated companies.
Job Vacancies at KCB Bank Kenya
The holding company was established to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital, invest in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities, and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in the management of subsidiaries.
You may also be interested in Water institute jobs
As a Security & Threat Monitoring Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring internal and external cybersecurity threats, examining logs, events, and alerts generated by multiple platforms for anomalous activity, evidence of security incidents, and other error conditions that may affect the security or performance of KCB Bank Group’s information technology systems and information assets.
- Performing real-time analysis and correlation of logs/alerts from various log sources/devices with a focus on determining whether the events constitute security incidents.
- Creating procedures, run books, and other documentation for configuring, deploying, and managing SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and its components within the Bank.
- Improving the current state of the SIEM and Security Operations Centre (SOC) and implementing a roadmap to achieve SIEM / SOC maturity.
- Interfacing with Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs), other vendors, and internal teams to follow up on alerts and tickets raised, ensuring their satisfactory resolution and closure.
- Researching and providing technical security expertise about advanced persistent threats affecting the banking industry from various threat feeds and threat intelligence platforms. Updates will be reported to senior management.
- Designing, implementing, and tuning security system monitoring tools.
- Collaborating with Technology SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to create relevant use cases and incident alerts within the Bank’s security monitoring tools.
- Providing technical security support to projects in a bid to ensure that security logging and incident management are built into the applications as opposed to the more expensive process of adding these security features after an incident or to a system that is already in production.
- Defending the information enterprise in accordance with established policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
- Staying updated on the latest trends in hacking techniques and malicious software, especially those targeting the financial services industry, and adjusting the Bank’s security monitoring approach accordingly to prevent them.
To apply for this position, you need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in cybersecurity or information security.
- Knowledge of SIEM tools such as Splunk, ArcSight, QRadar, etc.
- Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems, firewalls, antivirus software, etc.
- Knowledge of threat intelligence platforms such as Recorded Future, ThreatConnect, etc.
- Knowledge of hacking techniques and malicious software such as phishing, ransomware, botnets, etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in this opportunity, Apply here by October 31st 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KCB Bank Kenya is an equal-opportunity employer.