Are you looking for a rewarding career that makes a difference in the lives of others? Do you have a passion for driving and facilitating program staff? Do you have a KCSE qualification and 3 years of driving experience? If yes, then you might be the perfect candidate for the driver position at World Vision Kenya!
World Vision Kenya is a Christian humanitarian organization that works with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision Kenya is looking for a driver to join their team in Tana River, a full-time job that offers competitive benefits and opportunities for growth.
As a driver, you will be responsible for:
- Staff facilitation activities: You will ensure smooth and safe transportation of program staff and visitors to various destinations. You will also assist in loading and offloading luggage and materials as needed.
- Vehicle care and maintenance activities: You will ensure that the World Vision Kenya fleet is well maintained and serviced regularly. You will also keep the vehicles clean, tidy and secure at all times. You will report any accidents, damages or faults immediately and follow up on repairs.
- Documentation and reporting activities: You will keep accurate records of vehicle mileage, fuel consumption, servicing and repairs. You will also submit monthly reports on vehicle usage and expenses. You will adhere to all World Vision Kenya policies and procedures regarding vehicle management.
- Administration activities: You will perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor, such as running errands, delivering mail, collecting payments, etc.
To apply for this position, you need to have:
- A KCSE qualification or equivalent
- A valid driving license with classes A, B, C and E
- 3 years of driving experience, preferably with an NGO
- Good knowledge of the local roads and traffic regulations
- Basic mechanical skills and ability to perform minor repairs
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of integrity and professionalism
- A willingness to work in remote areas and under difficult conditions
- A commitment to World Vision Kenya’s vision, mission and core values
If you are interested in this position, please visit the web link below and follow the instructions on how to apply. The deadline for applications is September 30, 2023. Don’t miss this chance to join World Vision Kenya and drive your way to a better future!