Legal Counsel Securities at KCB Bank Kenya.
Legal Counsel Securities
Reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel – Securities; for an assigned portfolio of work, this position ensures all credit facilities granted by the bank are fully and adequately secured.
- Legal advisor providing support to the business in negotiating, structuring, and documenting all credit related and specialized transactions.
- Management of securities perfection for bank securities and management of approval for disbursement.
- Management of letters of offer, term sheets, mandate letters and facility agreements for approved facilities in line with the approved lending conditions, applicable laws, regulations and bank policies.
- Manage external lawyers’ performance to ensure efficiency including negotiation of legal fees as appropriate.
- Securities contract management: drive contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of negotiation process, review and contract execution.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for credit and securities transactions including identification of risk and proposing risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintain data, records and statistics relating to securities (update the database on approval reworks, letter of Offers released, instructions, Charge Documents, exemptions) and reporting as appropriate.
- Legal opinions and research: opinions/guidance in respect of securities matters including legal awareness training.
- Monitoring changes in regulations and case law to ensure that the Bank’s security and advise business and credit on the implication on the changes and ensure implementation of the change in loan documentation and process.
- Any other duties assigned.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Degree in Law (LLB).
- Diploma in Law.
- Advocate of the High Court.
- 4 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting and legal communication & advocacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 30th May 2023.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.