Open Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council
Kenya Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Kenya Jobs at Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Open Jobs
- Method of Application
Annual Workplace Health and Safety Audit for NRC Office in Kenya
Deliverables and reporting deadlines
The Audit Organization is expected to lead, accomplish, and submit the following deliverable:
- Conduct General Workplace audits for NRC Nairobi Office and provide a detailed report for the site.
- Conduct Occupational Health and Safety committee training and issue both corporate and individual certificates for Nairobi team.
- Conduct fire Marshals and First Aid training for designated staff and issue both Corporate and individual certificates for Nairobi team.
- Conduct refresher training related to First Aid, fire safety, and occupational health and safety for Nairobi teams annually.
- Provide Annual Staff workplace ergonomics training for Nairobi offices and issue corporate certificate
- Work with the ministry of health to complete staff occupational health assessment for Nairobi offices
The final deliverables (if awarded) are to be shared by 30th June 2023, with the NRC Kenya country office team.
Qualifications for the Consultancy/consultant
- Approved by the Directorate of Occupational Health and Safety (DOSH) Kenya.
- Approved by National Industrial Training Authority (NITA)
- Ability to offer First Aid, Fire Safety, and Occupational Health and safety services
- Ability to issue certificates both for individuals and corporates
- A minimum of five years of proven practical experience in Kenya supporting INGOS
- Facilitators must also be approved by DOSH
Evaluation of Accelerated Education Programme (AEP) for Overage out of School Refugee and Host Community Children in Garissa and Turkana Counties
Requirement of Evaluation consultant team/ firm
The lead consultant/Researcher must be a Senior Expert in assessments or Evaluations of Large and complex programs and holds a minimum of a master’s degree in education, Social Science, Development studies, Economics, Rural Development or related subject and practical knowledge in Conducting Evaluation in Kenya.
Qualifications must include:
- A minimum 10+ years in, designing and implementing evaluations in humanitarian projects with experience in refugee education programmes.
- Proven track records in leading evaluation and study teams and producing quality reports.
- Extensive quantitative research and data analysis experience using statistical software’s (SPSS, Stata, and others).
- Expertise in facilitating qualitative data collection and analyzing qualitative data using rigorous techniques.
- Proven ability to work with community and government stakeholders.
- Proven consultancy and/or work experience with NGOs as well as experience with other international and bilateral organizations on humanitarian program.
- Good knowledge of refugee response education interventions.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent English writing skills required among someone on the evaluation team.
- English language required. Somali, Swahili languages preferred but not mandatory
Method of Application
Bid proposals must include the following:
- Proposal including outline of evaluation framework and methods, including comments on the TOR, proposed time frame and work plan.
- Proposed evaluation budget, including professional fees, travel costs and administration costs (if any).
- CV’s for the lead consultant and other key staff.
- A technical and financial proposal explaining their comprehension of the ToR and how they would approach this assignment, summarising the methodologies and approaches they plan to use, including a timeline.
- Two samples of similar previous assignments.
- Their availability.
- Company profile or CV including three references.
Complete proposals should be submitted in pdf through firstname.lastname@example.org before or on 15th May 2023 at 1700Hrs . The title of this consultancy should be captured on the email subject for ease of reference.