NYS 2023 Recruitment
This article is all about NYS 2023 Recruitment. Later in the online application section, we will explain the process of filling in the application form. Let’s get started.
The Kenyan government oversees the National Youth Service (NYS). It was set up in 1964 to teach young people about important things in the country. After the Kenyan parliament passed the NYS Act 2018 in 2019, the organisation went from being a state department to a full-fledged, semi-autonomous state corporation.
The main goal of NYS is to train and guide Kenya’s young people by:
- Paramilitary and a strict schedule.
- National programmes for building.
- Technical and vocational training in a variety of skills and trades.
NYS Recruitment Latest News
|➡️ NYS Recruitment 2023 Advert Finally notified. Dates and Centres Announced.
➡️ The number of recruits joining the National Youth Service will double starting next year, according to President William Ruto.
Speaking at the National Youth Service’s 86th passing out parade in Gilgil, Ruto stated that the organisation will bring in 20,000 new members in addition to the 10,000 it now accepts.
National Youth Service Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
All people who want to join the army must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen and live in the Sub County where you want to work.
- You have to be between 18 and 24 to join.
- Have an average KCSE grade of D plain or higher
- Bring your original national ID card and academic certificates to the recruitment centre to get a copy of each.
- Must have a Good Conduct Certificate.
- You must be ready to get a medical checkup during and after the recruitment exercise.
- Get ready to do a lot of hard physical training.
- Be ready to help the country in any part of the Republic of Kenya if you want to.
- Those chosen must attend the 6 Months NYS paramilitary training course at NYS College, Gilgil, and NYSTTI Naivasha on the dates and times listed in the letters they will receive.
Orphans who meet the above requirements will be given special consideration if they can show enough proof, like a death certificate or a burial permit, that their parents have died.
People with disabilities are also encouraged to join the recruitment process in their sub-counties and centres as long as they are physically strong enough to handle the training.
NYS 2023 Latest Job Vacancies
Finally, the National Youth Service 2023 Recruitment announcement is out. Interested NYS volunteers can attend the recruitment exercise from 15th May (Monday) to 19th May 2023.
You may download the detailed notification with dates and centres information.
The job openings by the National youth service are listed online on their official portal. Details of the vacancies, along with the other relevant data, are displayed there.
Here is how you can access nys new vacancies information:
- Go to Official Website – https://www.nys.go.ke/.
- Then go to the Vacancies section.
- All the latest job openings are listed there.
- The direct link to access the vacancies is – https://www.nys.go.ke/vacancies/.
NYS Recruitment Form
Eligible and interested people need to check the Date and recruitment centre from the notification. Once you have that, you need to visit the location and complete the formalities there.
NYS Recruitment Centre & Dates 2023
Other Job Opportunities in Kenya
|Public Service Commission Jobs||Naivas Supermarket Jobs|
|Siaya County Jobs||Nairobi County Jobs|
|Machakos County Jobs||KFS Recruitment|
|KAS Recruitment||KDF Recruitment 2023|
|G4S Recruitment||More Recruitment Updates|
National Youth Service Recruitment Advertisement
All interested candidates waiting for the NYS advert will be glad to know that NYS has released the latest notification.
The Dates & Recruitment Centre Information is now available. Kindly refer to the table above.
|email@example.com || firstname.lastname@example.org|
|New NYS Vacancies||Open Jobs|
How can I join NYS in Kenya?
Be a Kenyan citizen and live in the Sub County in question. Between 18 and 24 years old can join the army. Have an average KCSE grade of D or higher. Original national ID cards and academic certificates must be shown (and avail of one set of photocopies at the recruitment centre).
What is the benefit of NYS?
Long-term, an NYS would benefit people and society. By restoring infrastructure, providing renewable energy, cleaning the environment, and helping during natural disasters, young people would get work skills.
Why should you join the National Youth service in Kenya?
NYS provides life experience, how to interact with others, and life lessons.