Procedure, requirements, paperwork, and payment for TSC new teacher registration,
Procedure, requirements, paperwork, and payment for TSC new teacher registration
For eligible people looking to work as tutors across the nation, the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) performs ongoing new teacher registration.
After successfully registering, people receive a TSC Number and Certificate.
As stated in Section 23 (2) of the TSC Act (2012), it is forbidden to provide educational teaching services without the appropriate qualification.
Part III of the TSC Code of Regulations for Teachers (2015) provides specifics on the registration procedure and requirements for teachers.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor of Education, a Bachelor of Arts/Sciences, or a Diploma in Early Child Development Education (ECDE) or Primary Teacher Education (PTE) in order to be eligible for registration as teachers under TSC.
Through the TSC website (www.teachersonline.go.ke), candidates can submit an application for certification. It is advisable to confirm that all required documents are on hand before starting the application procedure.
- Certificate for ECDE Teachers:
- CPE/KCPE requirements must be met, and the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) must issue an ECDE certificate.
- ECDE Certificate from KNEC and a mean KCSE score of D+ (minimum).
- a KNEC proficiency certificate, an ECDE certificate, and a minimum mean grade of D (plain) on the KCSE.
- Diploma ECDE Teachers: C Plain on the KCSE and a KNEC ECDE Certificate.
- KCSE mean grade of C+ (minimum) and ECDE degree from university.
- KCSE mean grade of C+ (or higher) and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in ECDE required of ECDE teachers.
- Requirements for Primary Teachers Registration
- hold a KNEC PTE (P1) Certificate.
- possess a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Primary Education from an approved university with two teaching certifications.
Qualified Secondary School Teachers:
- possess a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in two of the teaching courses, a mean KCSE score of C+ (or higher), and the same score in both of the specialized topics.
hold a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree, a Postgraduate Diploma in
- Education (PGDE), a KCSE mean grade of C+ (or above), and the same grade in both specialized subjects.
- possess a diploma in education at the very least, a mean KCSE score of C+, and the same grade in each of their speciality topics.
- a teacher ministering to students who are seated on the ground; Courtesy
For TSC registration, applicants must submit the following paperwork:
- Diploma of Good Conduct.
- academic and professional credentials from accredited schools that are relevant.
- Copy of a passport or national identification card with a passport photo.
- Certificate for a KRA Pin.
- properly completed GP 69 Medical Form.
- A non-refundable registration fee of Kshs. 1055 must be put in the TSC Registration Account at the National Bank of Kenya (account number 01001000905001) or through Simple Banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625 as proof of payment.
The following supplementary documents are needed for non-citizens:
- Evidence for registration as a teacher received in Kenya or the country of origin (as equated by the relevant Kenyan public body). This includes academic and professional certificates.
- certificate proving authorization to teach in the country of origin or registration as a teacher.
- The Department of Immigration has issued a legitimate entry or work permit.
- Issued by the appropriate law enforcement agency in the country of origin, a valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Letter of approval from the Kenyan Ministry of Education and the required fee.
Process for Registering New TSC Teachers
- Scan all original documents; if you have the originals, there is no need for certification. Make sure that each file you upload is no more than 1MB.
- Use this URL to access the TSC online portal: https://teachersonline.tsc.go.ke/. Before clicking the link, read all the instructions to become familiar with the demands.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the window, select “New Teacher Registration.”
- Click “Next” after entering your last name, passport number, or national ID card number.
- Give your phone number, KRA PIN, and secondary category (ECDE, Primary, or Post-Primary).
- Enter your contact details, including phone numbers, email addresses, and personal information like your religion, birth date, gender, country of origin, county of residence, postal code, and occupation.
- one by one, upload scanned documents. Transcripts and other long documents can be combined into a single PDF.
- For each uploaded document, fill out the fields for the institution, from and to, specialization, certificate number, and certificate year.
- Select the document, then click “Choose file” to upload it. Click “save document” to upload it to your profile. Repeat this procedure for each necessary document.
- Give more details, such as your major, the number of hours you spend studying each week, and your final grade.
- Select the payment method, then press “Finish and Save Everything.”
- The TSC will evaluate your application and offer comments.
- Return to the portal frequently to look for changes.
Within 30 days of submitting the application, applicants can anticipate hearing back. The TSC certificate will be printed and mailed to the specified address once it has been authorized.