Project Control Associate Jobs at UNHCR,
Project Control Associate Jobs at UNHCR
Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations, Jobs at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Project Control Associate
- Contribute to reviewing the internal control systems of implementing partners.
- Contribute to reviewing that IP agreements are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCR¿s rules, policies and procedures.
- Monitor that a complete record is maintained for all projects.
- Contribute to reviewing, analysing and verifying Financial and Performance Implementing Partner Reports (Part IIPFR and Part IIIPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between IPFR and IPR, in accordance with project agreements.
- Ensure that the funds obligated under an IP agreement permit the payment of the next instalment or a disbursement, confirming the status of instalments already paid.
- Support timely project closure in coordination with the programme unit.
- Bring to the attention of supervisors and programme officers any significant variances at the office level in: budget execution, percentage of project execution, time schedule, and quality of projects against specifications or terms and conditions.
- Maintain professional relationships with implementing partners.
- Keep up to date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Escalate IP issues to supervisors.
- Recommend acceptance or nonacceptance of IPRs and payment of instalments.
- Contact implementing partners for project related matters.
- Have unlimited access to financial and operational records relating to projects.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
- For G6 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
- Not applicable.
Certificates and/or Licenses
- Business Administration;
- Project Management;
- (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
- Not specified.
- Not specified.
- FIFinancial Accrual Accounting under internationally accepted standards (IFRS,IPSAS,etc)
- FIFinancial auditing
- MGProject Management
- PMProject Assurance
- RMRisk Management
- ITERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Functional Knowledge
- ITMicrosoft Office Productivity Software
- ITComputer Literacy
- (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.