Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) is a state corporation that conducts health research in Kenya. It was established by the Science and Technology (Amendment) Act of 1979, which was later amended to the Science, Technology and Innovation Act 2013.
We are looking for a Senior Assistant Office Administrator to join our team and provide administrative support to our office operations.
As a Senior Assistant Office Administrator, you will be responsible for:
– Typing and processing documents from drafts, manuscripts or dictation machines
– Operating office equipment and maintaining office records, equipment and documents
– Handling telephone calls, appointments and visitors/clients
– Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence
– Ensuring security of classified materials
To be considered for this position, you must have:
– At least four years of relevant work experience
– Either of the following qualifications:
– Business Education Single and Group Certificates (BES and GC) Stages I, II and III from the Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent in the following subjects:
– Typewriting III (Minimum 50 w.p.m)/Computerized document processing III
– Shorthand III (100 w.p.m)
– Business English III/Communications II
– Office Management III
– Office Administration and Management III
– Secretarial Duties II
– Commerce II
– Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council
– Public Relations and Customer Care Course from a recognized institution
– Registration with a professional body
– Proficiency in computer applications
Skills and Competencies
You should also have the following skills and competencies:
– Planning skills
– Communication skills
– Interpersonal and negotiation skills
– Team player
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online through KEMRI Website (www.kemri.go.ke/careers) – E-Recruitment Portal by 11th September, 2023 latest 5.00 p.m. (East African Time).
You will need to attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Successful candidates will be required to provide the following documents:
– Certificate of Good Conduct
– Higher Education Loans Board Compliance Certificate (HELB)
– Tax Compliance Certificate
– Credit Reference Bureau
– Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance
We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your interest in working with us.