Senior Global Compensation Analyst at Mercy Corps.
Senior Global Compensation Analyst at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
Senior Global Compensation Analyst-Human Resources / HR
The Position Summary
The Sr. Global Compensation Analyst is responsible for participating in the development, design, and analysis of Mercy Corps’ Global Compensation policies and programs, ensuring Mercy Corps compensation meets the unique support needs of team members in 40+ global locations. The senior global compensation analyst is a functional analyst reporting to the Manager of Total Rewards and is responsible data analysis, evaluation of position descriptions, researching and developing hiring recommendations thru external and internal benchmarking. Participates the design, development, implementation and sustainability compensation programs globally.
This position must have the ability to manage numerous medium to long term priorities as well as daily demands in a timely and accurate manner. This position will also support Mercy Corps’ compensation programs through consistently applying and administering internal policies and government regulations with a strong diversity and equity lens. They will provide advice/guidance to clients regarding salary management and compliance issues.
- Coordinates and participates oversees the design and administration of compensation programs by evaluating positions, reviewing and determining pay structures, conducting market surveys, analyzing statistical data, approving job descriptions and overseeing data integrity in applicable compensation database systems.
- Provides guidance/advice on compensation-related issues for management.
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility, resilience, and ability to maintain positive relationships and composure, even under difficult circumstances.
- Promote Mercy Corps’ culture by promoting the development and advancement of ideas which allows for innovative approaches to problem-solving within existing policy and procedural requirements.
- Maintain high ethical standards and treat people with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of one’s personal strengths and development needs.
Compensation Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures integrity of the Company’s salary administration program by using appropriate compensation practices and excellent quality driven methods to produce reports, research, salary projections, complex calculations, etc. to ensure job analysis, salaries and ranges are internally equitable and externally competitive.
- Provides project planning, analysis, direction, communication and ongoing support for current and new compensation programs.
- Develops, reviews and/or interprets corporate compensation policies, procedures and practices to ensure legal compliance, internal equity and external competitiveness of pay.
- Proactively monitors and analyzes trends and issues related to compensation programs within the Company and external market; performs financial analyses and modeling in order to develop recommendations that support business strategies.
- Coordinates, organizes and/or administers projects and activities at the direction of HR leadership to ensure departmental and/or divisional goals are met.
- Analyzes new and existing positions based on duties and responsibilities to determine appropriate job levels, classifications and total compensation packages based on market data and company guidelines.
- Partners with leaders and HR professionals to advise on total compensation decisions and provide day-to-day support, applying professional standards and the company’s compensation philosophy.
- Participates in annual salary surveys and/or compensation data analysis as needed. Accurately matches jobs to market surveys based on assessment of duties and job descriptions.
- Conducts audits as necessary to clarify/confirm data acquired through job analysis techniques and surveys.
- Prepares reports and presentations as needed to illustrate market data, cost analysis and recommendations.
- Work with HRMS to create new or revised job codes in the system, including FLSA exemption, pay authorizations, appropriate salary information and job classification details.
- Assists managers and other employees in interpreting and understanding compensation related human resources related policies.
No direct supervisor responsibilities.
- Reports Directly To: Manager, Total Rewards
- Works Directly With: Global and Local People Team, International Finance, Business Leaders
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, HR Management, or Business or relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 + year’s of prior experience in human resources with emphasis in compensation administration or an analytical role preferred.
- Evidence of strong principles and practices of Human Resources.
- Experience with MS Office with strong Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Comprehensive technical knowledge of compensation programs and plans.
- Previous experience with job evaluation, market pricing, analytics and research.
- Previous global experience is helpful but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to interface with all levels of team members.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience with HRIS systems, compensation systems and process.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to originate, maintain and audit records.
- Familiarity with compensation program designs, as well as labor/pay laws and employer compliance requirements, is highly beneficial.
- Proven experience and intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suites.
- Multilingual is a significant plus; especially French, Spanish, or Arabic proficiency.