Senior Manager, Power Systems at KCB Bank Kenya,
Senior Manager, Power Systems at KCB Bank Kenya
Jobs in Banking / Financial Services, Jobs at KCB Bank Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan.
Senior Manager, Power Systems
- Manage all power systems activities and provide work direction and supervision to power systems staff.
- Maintain optimal working conditions for all Power Systems (Generators, UPSs, Stabilizers, Inverters and Electrical installations systems) within the bank premises by establishing and enforcing preventive and on-going maintenance, and testing programs, scheduling repairs, coordinating shutdowns and installations.
- Ensuring that power systems and air conditioning systems meet the requirements of the data centres and all the banking facilities to prevent business downtime and data loss.
- Plan power systems projects by determining specifications, selecting contractors, establishing installation schedules; planning shutdowns and installations, integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs; verifying code requirements.
- Manage power systems projects by supervising installations and resolving design issues.
- Maintain a register of all safety checks undertaken on power systems and air conditioning systems to ensure that identified risks are dealt with to prevent future risks.
- Developing and maintaining a register of evaluations of power sources and Uninterrupted Power Supply equipment used by the bank to ensure continued appropriateness.
- Monitoring the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies and equipment and initiating reordering when necessary.
- Tracking, analysing, and improving key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance and schedule compliance.
- Provide power systems support to KCB Bank Group subsidiaries as and when required.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical or Power Engineering.
- Membership: Registered with EBK
- Master’s degree in engineering/ Business Administration/ Project management will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years relevant working experience in similar field
- At least 8 years’ work experience in Electrical Installation design and implementation including switchgear.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in Power Backup solutions and concepts; Project Management
- At least 6 years’ work experience in Customer Service Relations; Contract Procurement; SLA Management
- At least 4 years’ Supervisory Skills
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Tuesday, 30th May 2023.