UN Jobs for Form Four Leavers with Competitive Pay and Benefits
The United Nations (UN) is a global organization made up of member states that aim to promote human rights, democracy, and peace.
It has a wide variety of programs and activities that address a variety of issues, from humanitarian relief to climate change mitigation.
The UN’s headquarters in Africa is based in Kenya. That means it employs many Kenyans in various of it sectors with competitive pay and benefits.
Check any job platform and you won’t miss finding a job advertisement by the UN.
The question is: Does the organization employ form four leavers?
Well, here are the UN jobs for form four leavers that you can apply for:
1. Light Vehicle Driver
As a light vehicle driver, you’ll be responsible for driving UN representatives and UN employees to and from different locations within and around Nairobi or the location you’re posted to.
- High school completion certificate
- A valid driving license
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- You must pass the Global General Service Test (GGST)
- At least two years of continuous driving experience
- Experience in the application of the Kenya Highway Code is necessary.
- Knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of the French language is an added advantage
Kshs 80, 000 to 100, 000
2. Staff Assistant
The staff assistant generally assists professionals with their daily tasks.
Check out all the responsibilities of a Staff Assistant at the UN here.
- High school certificate
- At least five years of experience working as an assistant in an organization.
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of the French language
- planning and organization skills
The minimum salary is Ksh 155,183
3. Building Maintenance Assistant
As a Building Maintenance Assistant, you’ll be responsible for carrying out a broad range of general facility maintenance and repairs.
Check out other responsibilities for this position here.
- Secondary education certificate
- At least two years of experience in a general facility maintenance role
- Facility repair and maintenance skills
- Good communication skills
- English language proficiency
Ksh 263, 801 and above
At the UN, a messenger does more than just being sent from one place to another.
Check out the duties and responsibilities of a Messenger at the UN here.
- High school certificate
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience, particularly in an office setting with mail and pouch operations.
- Good computer skills
- English proficiency
Ksh 80,000 t0 Ksh 150, 000.
UN Job Allowances
All the above mentioned jobs come with benefits such as:
- Allowances such as rental subsidy, travel and shipping expenses, dependency allowances, assignment grant, hardship allowance and hazard pay.
- Holiday and leave
- Health insurance
- Retirement pension
Where to Find UN Jobs for Form Four Leavers
I. United Nations Website
The United Nations lists vacancies on their careers page. To access the jobs, you have to sign up and create your profile.
- UNcareer.net – official telegram channel. Here, you get daily updates on international jobs and internship opportunities.
- UN career subscription. Subscribe to their UN Careers to get new internships and vacancies daily on your mobile phone.
II. United Nations Development Program Careers Page
III. Job websites such as:
IV. Facebook Search: You can use the Facebook Search button to find UN jobs. Simply enter the keyword phrase ‘’UN Jobs for form fours leavers’’ and a list of Facebook pages and groups that have listed those jobs will come up.
V. Google Search: One of the most effective ways to search for jobs. Simply type the keyword phrase ‘’UN Jobs for form fours leavers’’ in the search bar, click search and a list of Websites, Facebook pages, LinkedIn pages and so on that have listed those jobs will come up.
How to Apply For UN Form Four Leavers Jobs
If you’re applying from the United Nations Career Page, follow this process:
- Search for the job you want: Go through the job categories and choose a job that you qualify for
- Read the requirements of the job keenly: Ensure you meet all the requirements of the job before you submit your application.
- Apply for the position: When you’re sure that you meet the requirements, apply for the job. Your application should align with the requirements of the job. The application ends with completing a profile link and submitting all the required documents
- Check your recruitment status: You can check your Application Recruitment Status on the ‘’My Applications page’’ via My Career Tools and the careers page. If you’re shortlisted for the interview, you’ll be contacted through email.
- Results of the interview: Successful candidates will be notified within two weeks of the interview.