World Vision is an international Christian relief, development, and advocacy organization working in almost 100 countries worldwide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families, and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
The organization is currently looking for qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following internship positions:
Internship – Governance, Legal, Risk & Compliance
This internship position will expose the candidate to various aspects of governance, legal, risk, and compliance functions within World Vision Kenya International. The intern will work closely with the staff in the department and support them in the following areas:
- Board administrative governance processes: The intern will assist in coordinating and organizing board meetings, field trips, files, and databases, and follow up on action points.
- Board legal processes: The intern will update and maintain the board and organizational membership register, ensure regulatory compliance of board members, and support statutory compliance issues with the NGO Coordination Board.
- Organizational legal and policy matters: The intern will support regular review of governance policies and procedures, legal drafting and review of agreements, contracts, and other legal documents, monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment, identify areas of criticality or high-risk from a legal perspective, and support in the audit process.
The intern will also participate in the devotional life of the organization such as chapel, trans team meetings, etc., and perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
Method of Application
Those eligible to apply for the graduate internship program shall be Kenyan citizens who meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree graduates who either are beneficiaries of child sponsorship or have experienced the impact of WV’s community development in their homes will be given priority.
- Graduates who show genuine desire and ability to serve the poor in rural and semi-urban areas of Kenya.
- Graduates who are practicing Christians regardless of denomination, gender, and ethnic background.
- Graduates with demonstrated good character, honesty, high competency, and generally in good physical and emotional health.
- Graduates who are willing to commit their time to the project for the entire year.
- Graduates who have completed studies in relevant fields of study within the last 1 (one) year.